GLOCOMNET is providing this supplemental privacy notice to give individuals in the European Economic Area (EEA) the additional information required by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). These provisions, together with the statements
1. Information about GLOCOMNET
GLOCOMNET is committed to protect the privacy of our current and former employees, job
applicants, and other people with whom we work.
This information is being provided by GLOCOMNET for itself and its subsidiaries.GLOCOMNET is based in the Netherlands.
GLOCOMNET is the trade name of:
Global Complexity Network B.V.
Burgemeester Gulcherlaan 36 – 1217 PC Hilversum – the Netherlands - +31-35-622 36 82 Chamber of Commerce: 61874949
Bank: TRIODOS NL15 TRIO 0198 0211 94
2. The Purposes and Legal Basis for Processing, including Legitimate Interests
GLOCOMNET collects, uses, stores and, when necessary, transfers. We also process personal data on an occasional or ad hoc basis, when changes occur. In many cases, we collect Personal Information directly from you. We will ask you for Personal Information when you interact with us, such as registering on our websites, signing up to receive materials electronically, or making a purchase.
GLOCOMNET only processes your personal data when we have a legal basis for the processing. We will process your personal data as needed:
- Provide you with the products, content or services selected by you or your institution and for related activities, such as customer service, account management, support and training, reporting and to provide other services related to your account,
- Manage our everyday business needs, such as payment processing and financial account management, contract management, website administration, business continuity and disaster recovery, security and fraud prevention, corporate governance, reporting and legal compliance.We may also process your personal data for the purposes of our legitimate interests, provided that such processing does not outweigh your rights and freedoms. In particular, we may process your personal data as needed to:
- Protect you, us or others from threats (such as security threats or fraud) and for auditing and verifying compliance with company policies,
- Comply with the laws that are applicable to us around the world,
- Provide you with marketing communications and offers for products and services from GLOCOMNET and our partners, including personalized offers based on your usage of our products and to manage your communications preferences,
- Provide you with additional information that may be of interest, such asGLOCOMNET news and announcements, study tips for students or teacher guides for professionals,
- Administer surveys and other promotional events,
- Determine if you are eligible for certain products, services or offers, such as rebatesor content guides offered to professionals and students for certain courses,
3. Automated Decision-Making and ProfilingWe will not use profiling techniques or make automated-decisions about you that may significantly affect you, unless (1) the decision is necessary as part of a contract that we have with you, (2) we have your explicit consent, or (3) we are required by law to use the technology.
4. When You are Required to Provide Personal Information to GLOCOMNETProviding personal data is necessary for us to have an employment relationship with you. In some cases, we are required by law to collect and report personal data about our employees to government agencies, such as for tax or occupational health purposes. If you have any questions about the personal data that GLOCOMNET is collecting, please contact us.
5. Your Rights
GLOCOMNET respects your rights to access, correct and request erasure or restriction of
your personal data as required by law. This means:
- You generally have a right to know whether or not GLOCOMNET maintains your personal data. If we do have your personal data, we will provide you with a copy (subject to the rights of others). If your information is incorrect or incomplete, you have the right to ask us to update it.
- You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data.
- You may also ask us to delete or restrict your personal data.To exercise these rights, please contact us. Please understand that these rights are subject to some limitations, such as when we are processing or retaining data to comply with our own legal obligations.If you believe that we have processed your Personal data in violation of applicable law, you may file a complaint us or with a supervisory authority.6. International TransfersYour personal data may be transferred to, stored at or processed in a location outside the country of your employment which may not have equivalent privacy or data protection laws. However, regardless of where your personal data is transferred, we will protect it in accordance with our Privacy Notice and applicable law.We generally use approved Standard Contractual Clauses to assure that personal data is adequately protected when it is transferred out of the European Economic Area.7. Data RetentionWe will retain your personal data for as long as the information is needed for the purposes set forth in Section 3 above and for any additional period that may be required by law. You may request that we delete your personal data by contacting us. Unless we are required by law to retain your information, we will delete it within 30 days of your request.
From time to time, we may change our privacy policies without prior notice to you. Accordingly, you should ensure that you regularly review this Privacy Statement and the Terms and Conditions to keep yourself informed of such changes. By continuing to access and use the Websites you confirm your agreement to the same.
We take reasonable steps to maintain the security of the personally identifiable information that we collect, limiting the number of people who have physical access to our database servers, as well as installing electronic security systems that guard against unauthorized access. However, no system and no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be completely secure. Accordingly we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information that you provide to us on our Websites and you do so at your own risk.
This page updated May 25 2018